If it was good enough for the Romans, it’ll be good enough for you
Peddling the Sea Point Promenade Tour with ByeCycle
CapeTownMag readers get a special discount on Fridays when booking a trip on an e-bike
No doubt you enjoy a trot along the popular Sea Point promenade by foot or on a bicycle from time to time. But have you ever whizzed down this iconic stretch of beachfront on an electric bike?
If not, then here is something new to try: Every Friday, CapeTownMagazine.com readers can gather a group of four friends to embark on an e-bike ride organised by ByeCycle and one member of the group gets to ride along for free.
The two-and-a-half-hour tour starts at the Village and Life hotel in Mouille Point. The excursion takes cyclists past prominent landmarks like the Cape Town Stadium and the biodiversity garden in the Green Point Park. Be sure to take a moment to really enjoy the Green Point Lighthouse, the oldest working lighthouse in South Africa. A coffee stop at the popular Giovanni’s, an authentic Italian deli and pavement café in Green Point, makes for the perfect mini-break before completing the ride.
So what makes an e-bike different to an ordinary bicycle? It works with a motor, making it suitable for all fitness levels. Since minimal physical effort is required riders can enjoy the carefree feeling of wind in their hair and set their focus on the sights and smells around them, rather than the potential agony of moving themselves and the bike forward.
The e-bike is also very versatile, so those that enjoy the physical side of cycling can exert themselves by tuning the settings of the bicycle to reduce motor intensity, and those that are not fans of exercise can adjust the bike accordingly too.
ByeCycle is owned by couple Jenny and Andrew Trench who fell in love with these two-wheeled wonders while on a trip overseas and knew that they had to bring the machines to local shores. And now, folk get to experience these one-of-a-kind rides on one of the Mother City’s best recreational spots.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BYECYCLE’S PEDDLING THE PROMENADE TOUR
- Mention CapeTownMagazine.com when booking the Peddling the Promenade Tour to qualify for the discount
- Only one of a group of four participants is eligible for a free ride
- One ride is valued at R590p/p
- The tour includes one cup of coffee per rider
- Jackets, helmets and bicycles are provided for each rider
- The special is valid from 4 November 2015 to 2 November 2016
- A minimum of four riders are needed for the tour to take place
- Riders must have basic cycling skills, be at least 16 years of age, with a minimum height of 1.6m and a maximum weight of 100kg
- All tours are subject to cancellation due to adverse weather conditions (in a case of cancellation, all monies will be refunded)
- The start and end point of the tour is the Village and Life Hotel in Mouille Point
For bookings and more information, call ByeCycle Tours on +27 (0)76 403 7320 or email email@example.com.
Want to find out more about this electric bicycle tour company? Here’s all you need to know about ByeCycle Tours in Cape Town.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!