Bree Street comes alive with the sounds of old school hip hop and R&B
Cape Town City Cycle Tour with AWOL Tours
Discover the rich history of Cape Town’s CBD in an active, engaging way with this exciting bicycle excursion
From a tourist’s perspective, the Mother City can be quite overwhelming. Why? Because there is so much to see and do that time quickly becomes your biggest enemy and impeccable itinerary set-up skills are essential to be able to cover it all.
Enter AWOL, an award-winning cycling tour company that is all about helping travellers to discover Cape Town’s many corners and saves tourists the task of having to do any of the planning themselves .The operator’s City Cycle Tour is one of the many cycling tours it offers to help folk get to grips with the seaside metropolis in a quick and easy way.
The leisurely three-hour bike ride allows cyclists to encounter some of the Mother City’s most iconic inner-city sites. Some of the highlights that participants will pass during the outing include The Company’s Garden, the historical Bo-Kaap, the Castle of Good Hope, the Green Point Lighthouse and the Green Point Biodiversity Eco-park.
One of the perks of this popular sightseeing expedition is the fact that it is an active, engaging way to get familiar with the city’s hotspots. What’s more, tour participants are encouraged to take pictures at the various stops in order to soak it all in and record the memories forever.
Ultimately, the tour serves as a great introduction to the grand and vast Mother City, and after this, tourists can rest assured that they’ll have witnessed many of the city’s must-sees.
Tour participants are urged to take note of the following:
- The tour departs from the V&A Waterfront Information Centre at 10am daily (alternative arrangements can be made to depart earlier or later, as long as there is a minimum of two guests participating and only if booking has been made 48 hours in advance)
- Departure is only guaranteed if you book at least 48 hours in advance; the company will try their best to accommodate last-minute walk-ins, but they can’t promise a tour will run in these cases
- When booking, be sure to advise on height so AWOL can ensure the allocation of comfortable and right-sized bicycle
- People of all fitness levels are welcome
- Participants need to be comfortable with cycling in moderate traffic. Do note that a modified two-hour tour away from traffic-heavy areas is available on request for families with children
- A refreshment stop can be requested
- Cyclists need to wear closed shoes and comfortable clothes
- Children of all ages are welcome on cycling tours – AWOL provides baby seats, kids’ seats, bicycle tow bars and junior bikes, making the outing a great family-friendly activity
- The company can choose to cancel tours in the event of adverse weather conditions. In the case of cancellation, monies will be refunded or the tour will be postponed (at AWOL’s discretion).
Booking and pricing information for the AWOL Cape Town City Cycle Tour
R600 per person - valid from 1st Nov 2016 to 31st Oct 2017. Booking and payment can be done via AWOL’s secure online booking facility, EFT transfer or cash at their offices at the V&A Waterfront Tourism Information Centre.
For booking and information, call +27 (0) 21 418 3803 (office), +27 (0) 83 234 6428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eager to read more about this reputable local tour company? Here’s the 411 on AWOL Tours in Cape Town.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!