The grand dame of burlesque is back, this time at a premier Mother City ...
Tapas Tuesdays at Fork
Spend a relaxed early evening on Long Street – tapas special from 5-7pm
Inspired by Spanish tradition and modern European styles, Fork adds a South African twist to its fare. Taking local and seasonal ingredients, diners get a stab at unique interpretations of classic favourites or utterly new creations. The result is food that is sophisticated yet honest.
A tapas-bite is, you guessed it, fork-sized at Fork. It’s easy. And relaxed. Spend an early evening on Long Street’s tapas hot-spot and miss the traffic while enjoying yummy bites for a good price.
For R100 per person, this is your tapas menu on a Tapas Tuesday from 5 – 7pm
• Cured ham and onion croquettes with Dijon mayonnaise
• Deep fried goats cheese with sundried tomato biscuits and port onion marmalade
• Roasted butternut with hummus and pine nuts
• Puff pastry parcel with sautéed mushrooms and parmesan
• Seared tuna on tatsoi salad with Asian sundried tomato dressing and guacamole
• Moroccan meatballs
• Pan-seared ostrich fillet served with a sweet and sour chutney and rosemary honey dressing
• Beef fillet on crouton and mushrooms with crisp onion ring and red wine sauce
• Flourless chocolate cake
(Vegetarian option available)
Fork in Cape Town’s city centre is decked out in 1930s minimalism: simple, understated and warm. Exposed brick walls give an earthy texture while copper-banded wooden tables and leather couches hint at casual elegance. With soft-glow fixtures hanging over each table, meals are enjoyed in cosy intimacy.
The owners are passionate about great dining. For them, tapas provide endless opportunities for diners to educate their palates and become culinary cosmopolitans. And, they also bring people together. Tapas are best shared between friends with a bottle of wine.
P.S. Fork got voted the ‘Best Tapas restaurant in Cape Town’ by viewers at Food24.com.
Be sure to subscribe to our free monthly newsletter, follow us on Twitter and join our CapeTownMagazine.com Facebook page.